27 February 2009

NTN sends ripples through the blogosphere

I believe there is a journalist term for when you report on yourself, as the journalist. Self-gratification and ego-building are common terms, but I can't remember the formal term.

However, I thought some NTN readers might be interested in the following news items:

1. An educational blog for teachers, http://www.instructify.com/ , contacted me and asked to report on the NTN as well as Tristan's blog. The editor is a brother of an SNR graduate student. You can go here to read the article.

2. The School of Natural Resources' science writter, Kelly Smith, added a 'SNR blog role' to our SNR web site--look in the lower right corner here. We have at least two faculty blogging, and I would guess both of us would tell you that 6 months ago, we had not considered this as a way to communicate with masses.

Kelly tells me she has a couple blogs ready to post, in response to massive requests for me to quiet down and let her talk about her experiences. We are enjoying the unique conversations we've had with many of our friends and family over the blog. Keep the comments coming.

No comments: