06 March 2009

Toilet key update

This blog is for all NTN readers who have been waiting to hear if I have been able to access the men's toilet at work, since my unfortunate incident back in February. Your concern is heart-warming.

The good news is that I am the proud owner of two keys to the men's toilet on the 4th floor of the Polytechnic staff office complex. The interesting news is that I did not get them from Polytechnic. In fact, the requisition for a new key for me has still not resulted in a key--over three weeks later. First, they had to price it, which I believe entailed someone going to the store, finding out the keys cost US$0.70, and then coming back to report this information. Then, I had to request petty cash. Then, they decided to wait until all other key needs could be gathered from faculty, so their 'key person' could make one trip to the store downtown. That all makes sense, but it was causing me some uncomfortable days--if I couldn't find a key to borrow.

When I heard the keys were at the store downtown, I decided the best option was to go buy one myself. A guy can only keep his legs crossed for so long. Each key has a number engraved on it, indicating the type of key--luckily for me, it's engraved on the part that I did not break. So, I went to the store and bought two--just for insurance purposes. I realize my limitations.

I'm also thinking I might go into business of selling keys to the men's toilet on 4th floor. And, I'm also considering asking my colleagues for the number of their floor's keys--so I can own a key to every men's toilet in the building.

It's all about access...is my American side showing?!

No comments: