08 September 2009

A few moments at our bird feeder

A few weeks ago, we started feeding the birds in our side yard. It is wintertime (well, at least it was until yestereday--and it now summertime hot!), and the Powell's usually keep a feeder stocked during winter at home. No cardinals or snow draped over the feeder here in Windhoek, but there are some nifty birds.

Today, I stuck the video camera out on the feeder surface to see if the birds would let me film them. I didn't capture video of the 15-20 doves that sometimes visit at the same time, but the video here shows some of our diversity during a nice, quiet morning at the feeder. Dogs barking and kids across the road at school in the background from time to time.

Towards the end, something scares all the birds away. You'll have to see what appeared in our yard. Shocker...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow, I'd run too if I saw that coming for my food! ;)