09 December 2009

One big reason to stay in Namibia

I know everyone wants us to come home. But, really, can you blame us for wanting to stay in Namibia? Here are two photos, taken on the same day. Where would you rather be? Shoveling snow or enjoying a cool swim near the Waterberg plateau?


Thanks to Joel, our friend and housesitter, for ruining our day with his photo of our house back in Lincoln after their lil' blizzard. But, interesting to compare to a photo we took almost exactly a year ago.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Ha! This seems to be a reoccurring theme for you Larkin... I remember coming home to a similar situation after spending a week in Puerto Rico a few years ago :) Have a safe trip back to the Cornhusker State!

Anonymous said...

Namibia grows on you doesn't it? I hate to see you go (or return I should say) as it will be one less connection I have with this wonderful country. I am struggling with the bitter winter cold here in Michigan and find my mind wandering to our Christmas Caprivi trip last year. Sure am missing it.